Launch New York
eBooks for Everyone Else
Monday, September 26
9:00 – 5:00
NYU Kimmel Center
Eisner & Lubin Auditorium
This September, in partnership with New York University’s Center for Publishing, Publishers Launch presented a full-day program for mid-sized and small publishers, authors and agents, focused on creating, marketing, and selling eBooks without a sophisticated IT department.
The program included two hours of “speed dating” sessions among leading vendors in the space, providing up-close contact and q&a. At the same time we’ll convene discussion groups led by publishing experts on key areas including marketing, understanding the overall business requirements and costs of professionally publishing books, and choosing and managing outside service providers.
Publishers Launch New York: eBooks for Everybody Else provided a comprehensive overview of:
- eBook service providers: what they offer and what they cost
- Delivering eBooks to all devices with the minimum hassle
- Pros and cons of DRM
- Challenges of territoriality
- How to select suppliers for apps and enhancements
- Getting your books noticed by potential buyers and selling off your own site
See the complete program information.