Tuesday, 8 October 2013 | Frankurt Book Fair
Publishers Launch is thrilled to return again to Frankfurt Book Fair for the third year in a row. We’ll take an in-depth look at the global opportunities, challenges and lessons for trade publishing professionals. We’ll feature leading publishers and players from around the world, and we’ll provide the critical analysis and insight that is a trademark of all our shows.
This packed one-day event covers the key strategic and operational issues faced by trade publishers around the globe in transitioning to a digital world. This is a trade publishing strategy and tactics conference for consumer publishing executives, agents, retailers (and those who wish to do business with them) looking to innovate and take advantage appropriately of digital opportunities.
Past topics have included:
* The international expansion of major technology companies and ebook players
* Devices, ebook and app sales around the world
* Book discovery in-store and online
* The connections between metadata and sales
* The future for agents
* Changes to publishing IT departments
* Copyright and licensing concerns in a global market
* The growth of digital books in the Spanish-language, in the BRIC countries, and in the developing world
* New businesses initiatives from innovative publishers around the world, including Faber and Faber, Sourcebooks, Hachette Book Group, Pan Macmillan, Perseus Books Group, RCS Libri, Pottermore, Bastei Lübbe, and Osprey Group (among many others…)
Take a look back at our prior years’ conferences: